Sunday, February 2, 2014

Groundhog Day

Groundhog Day!
So, I guess Phil really disappointed me. It saw its shadow therefore we will have 6 more weeks of winter. I just want SPRING!!!

"At first I was afraid I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live without SPRING by my side

But then I spent so many nights

Thinking how WINTER did me wrong

And I grew strong

And I learned how to get along……!" (original song by: Gloria Gaynor - "I Will Survive")
Oops, sorry…. I got carried away………:)
Here are some cute ideas for “Groundhog Day”:
I found this on pinterest (no link to another site though, just an image)

In my Kindergarten class, we predicted whether Phil would see its shadow or not and made a groundhog project (one of my team partners got this idea from a teaching conference, I think).  The kids tore construction paper for the groundhog, sun and clouds and used brown paper bags for the burrow. Cotton ball were used for snow.


10 Fun Ways To Celebrate Groundhog Day
Check out this website for lots of ideas!



Here is the "Groundhog Day" official web page !

No comments:

Post a Comment